is in northwestern Alberta, Canada, about 516 Km (322Mi) west of
the City of Edmonton, some 54 Km (34 Mi) northwest of the City of
Grande Prairie, and about 74 Km (46 Mi)
southeast of the City of Dawson
Creek, BC, Mile 0 City on the Alaska Highway.
The original English and Norwegian settlers arrived in the Hythe area
already in 1909. The municipality was officially founded in 1928. The
population is holding steady for the last few years at about 831 people.
Many people who come to Hythe from
near or far are amazed to find the
number of facilities and varied programs our community has to offer.
Hythe is well know for two slogans: "Town of Flowing Wells" and "Volunteer Capital of Alberta".
A historic Tack store along Highway 43, recognizable by a horse and buggy display, serves as a tourist information centre with museum next door.